The Missoula Community School, a non-profit preschool, is currently hiring.
Part time staff and teachers:
We are not currently hiring in this category.
Full time staff and teachers:
We are currently seeking a full time Teacher Assistant for the remainder of the 2017-2018 school year.
8:30am – 4pm Monday through Thursday
Assist teacher in all aspects of implementing program of early childhood education and care for children ages 3 through 5 years of age. The contract begins ASAP and ends June 5, 2018, with the potential of a new contract extended for the summer program and/or following school year.
Rate of pay
Position is hourly and DOE; assistant is not paid for school breaks such as spring break.
• Are eligible to participate in group health insurance plan, MCS contributes 100% of the premium.
• Are eligible to participate in a health savings account, with MCS contributing a portion to this fund monthly.
• Receive 10 days PTO.
Experience and Qualifications:
Experience with young children in an educational setting and knowledge of child development is needed. The Teacher Assistant must be prepared to use the MCS philosophy as a framework to assist in all areas of the class including, activities and field trips. He/She will respond sensitively and creatively to the needs of individual children and families, and above all, ensure the physical and emotional safety of all children. This person must relate well to children and adults, and possess qualities of maturity, enthusiasm, patience and good judgment as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. The person selected for this position must possess a passion for working with children and families and a strong desire to be on the forefront of creating a vital and unique education program in a progressive, community oriented environment. Working as a team is critical, and as such the person selected must be flexible, creative, and committed to alternative education.
The Assistant Teacher must:
• Complete approved CPR and 1st Aid courses prior to working with MCS children.
• Complete required licensing training within 90 days of hire.
• Provide documentation of immunizations as required by the state licensing agency.
• Be willing to follow a training plan to complete STARS to Quality requirements.
• Complete a background check.
• Have experience working with young children.
Responsibilities of the Teacher Assistant include but are not limited to:
• Providing a safe, clean and nurturing environment.
• Assist in implementing planned activities/curriculum.
• Maintain confidentiality of staff and families at all times.
• Display professionalism, including being punctual, dependable, flexible, a committed team member, and willing to follow the school’s policies and procedures.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Missoula Community School
239 Sth. 5th. Street West
Missoula, MT 59801
Or email above documents to i n f o @ m i s s o u l a c o m m u n i t y s c h o o l . o r g
We are currently seeking qualified and enthusiastic applicants for substitute teachers to work with all our preschool and prekindergarten programs. Experience in education, child development or related field preferred. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .