The Missoula Community School, a non-profit preschool, is currently hiring for a part time aftercare teacher assistant. Read below for a more detailed job description.
Part Time Teachers and Staff
After Care Teacher Assistant
2:30pm – 5:30pm Monday through Friday, with the option of coming in at 1:00 pm certain days to cover teachers’ breaks
Work with co-teachers to implement all aspects of the early childhood education aftercare program and care for children ages 2 through 5 years of age. The aftercare teacher assistant is responsible for the following:
- Open Play – move around the room, choosing areas with lots of children or that you know may need more social coaching than other areas.
- Circle – help with circle management, keeping children attentive at circle.
- Cleanup – when the aftercare numbers get low, gather buckets/spray bottles from classrooms.
The contract begins ASAP and ends June 6, 2019, with the potential of a new contract extended for the following school year.
Experience and Qualifications
Experience with young children in an educational setting and knowledge of child development is needed. The Teacher Assistant must be prepared to use the MCS philosophy as a framework to assist in all areas of the after care program. He/She will respond sensitively and creatively to the needs of individual children and families, and above all, ensure the physical and emotional safety of all children. This person must relate well to children and adults, and possess qualities of maturity, enthusiasm, patience and good judgment as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. The person selected for this position must possess a passion for working with children and families and a strong desire to be on the forefront of creating a vital and unique education program in a progressive, community oriented environment. Working as a team is critical, and as such the person selected must be flexible, creative, and committed to alternative education.
The Assistant Teacher must:
- complete approved CPR and 1st Aid courses prior to working with MCS children
- complete required licensing training within 90 days of hire
- provide documentation of immunizations as required by the state licensing agency
- complete a background check
- have experience working with young children
To apply for the above job:
Send resume and cover letter to:
Missoula Community School
239 Sth. 5th. Street West
Missoula, MT 59801
Or email above documents to i n f o @ m i s s o u l a c o m m u n i t y s c h o o l . o r g