This page holds resources related to mindfulness for parents and those in the community to access. Our hope is this page helps you find information to help you learn, grow and feel supported on your parenting journey.
MCS holds a Mindfulness Open House at the start of every school year to help inform parents of the practices we utilize at school and what they can do to extend that practice at home!
Mindful Discipline Workshop: a loving approach to setting limits and raising an emotionally intelligent child (via Families First Missoula) – Dates for the next workshop are TBD. Call 721-7690 for more information.
Emotion Coaching w/ Dara Newman (via Families First Missoula)
Mindful based stress reduction (via the Learning Center at Red Willow)
Mindfulness Fundamentals: a 6 week online mindfulness course (via Mindful Schools) Develop a personal mindfulness practice to deepen self-awareness and increase well-being.
The following links are resources to help support mindfulness at home.
- Association for Mindfulness in Education
- Mindfulness in Education Network
- Greater Good Science Center
Suggested Books to read:
- The Whole Brain Child by Daniel Siegel
- No Drama Discipline by Daniel Siegel
- Parenting from the Inside Out by Daniel Siegel
- Mind in the Making: The Seven Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs by Ellen Galinsky
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child by John Gottman
- Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Age Six by Jim Fay and Charles Fay
- Parenting with Love and Logic by Foster Cline and Jim Fay
A list of our favorite mindful based children’s books:
- list to come