This page holds resources related to early childhood and our philosophy for parents and those in the community to access. Our hope is this page helps you find information to help you learn, grow and feel supported on your parenting journey.
Ideas and Resources to use at home
The following links are resources to help provide ideas, activities, readings and more that you can use at home and/or help grow your own parenting philosophy.
- MCS Pinterest Page
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- NAEYC Facebook Page (lots of good articles posted)
- Teacher Tom Blog
- Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
- Child Care Resources
- Families First Parenting Programs
The following links are resources to help support mindfulness at home.
- Association for Mindfulness in Education
- Mindfulness in Education Network
- Greater Good Science Center
Suggested Books to read:
- The Whole Brain Child by Daniel Siegel
- No Drama Discipline by Daniel Siegel
- Parenting from the Inside Out by Daniel Siegel
- Mind in the Making: The Seven Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs by Ellen Galinsky
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child by John Gottman
- Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Age Six by Jim Fay and Charles Fay
- Parenting with Love and Logic by Foster Cline and Jim Fay
MCS Policy Resources & Support
The following links are resources to provide further information regarding Missoula Community School policies and practices as well as provide links to scholarship information.
- Montana Early Learning Standards
- Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship Program (State scholarship program)
- Schools and Student Services by NAIS (MCS scholarship application) please contact school before applying
- Montana Best Beginnings STARS to Quality Program
- Montana Department of Human Health and Safety, Immunization information
- YIKES emergency response planning
- MCS Early Edge printable support statement